These banana and oats muffins will be so good, your dog(s) will beg you for it. Ours does his silly spins and pawing - he becomes completely obedient, like he's on a remote-control.
Sigh... You could call these 'mutt-fins' too, and your dog might go 'bananas' over it, haha...
We enjoyed it too, not just because it's rather tasty, it's real easy, simple and fast to prepare too. No hassle of cookie cutting or shaping. They're great for a quick breakfast, both dogs and humans.
These 'mutt-fins' would be perfect for those with a sweet-tooth.
In less than 5 minutes after it cooled down, the score for wolfing down the most muffin was: Humans 3, Latte 1. :p
Ingredients: (Makes 18 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1 tbs vanilla essence (best to use natural essence.)
0. Preheat the oven.
1. Mix the flour, oats, ground cinnamon and baking powder in a big bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
3. Lay the paper cups in muffin tray, and scoop the mixture into the cups.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 12 to 15 minutes. Stick a toothpick or dry spaghetti into the 'mutt-fin', it should come out clean if it's ready.http://latteandcookie.blogspot.com/5. Let cool and let your dog love it!
* Store in an airtight container in the fridge, thaw before treating, should keep well for about 3 to 4 days.
M. Beckloff & D. Dye. (2005) Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way.
L. Fortunato (2007) The Everything Cooking For Dogs Book.