Here's a dog cookie/treat that's minty and fresh tasting : ) While we might love to snack on chocolate mints once in awhile, our dogs can't enjoy any chocolate. It's bad for them! So these minty rings will do as substitutes, ha!
Latte greedily gobbled up the Honey Minty Rings and we had to ration them, resisting his begging. We loved the minty aroma that filled the air while we were baking - wicked!
Ingredients (Makes approximately 45 bite-size ring cookies)
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (we use organic)
- 4 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup water
2. Add the olive oil and honey, mix again.
3. Add the water slowly and start forming the dough. (We use about 1/4 cup water, amount depends on your local humidity). We always try to achieve an easy-to-manage dough that's like putty.
4. Form little honey mint ring cookies (Our dog was eyeing our every move intensely - hilarious)
5. Bake at 180˚C for 40 mins until golden brown. I usually recommend shapes that are relatively thin and flat as it takes a much shorter time, saves energy too : )
6. As usual, let the cookies cool in oven and it'll be extra crispy and crunchy.